Friday, July 16, 2010

Where to begin

     I, Amanda, don't even know where to begin with this blog.  Fortunately, the postings are collaborative!  While this box isn't a box of chocolates you will, however, be entertained from either of us.  Seth and I have been wanting to start a blog for awhile, but never got around to it.  What could I write that anyone would want to read?  Will I keep up with it?  Do I have enough to say or will I say too much?  Well, here goes nothing.  I guess if you make the choice to read it then you find it interesting (or at least tolerable). 
     This first blog is going to be random.  I am going to use it as a chance to introduce us and catch up.

  • I call Seth my "Prince Charming."  It is a rather long story, but I am so very thankful for his persistence and willingness to pray for me and go above and beyond to make me smile!
  • We got engaged Feb. 9, 2007 on the campus of ASU.
  • We got married Dec. 15. 2007.
  • We got Major about a week after we got married.  We weren't really planning on getting a dog that soon, but he stole our hearts.  He is slightly larger now!
  • Seth completed his second Masters May 2009.
  • We decided we wanted to start a family shortly thereafter.
  • We found out we were pregnant the very beginning of July 2009.
  • William Reid Griffin was born March 13, 2010.
  • Amanda graduated with her Masters May 2009.  It was a very interesting last semester.
God has blessed us greatly!  We are so very thankful for everything we have been given and for all the blessings to come.  We hope you enjoy getting to know us a bit better and we hope you stick around as we continue to celebrate our blessed lives!

4 comments:

  1. Love the background and the name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, guys!! I can't wait to follow your journey! You can post a lot of stuff on a blog that might feel weird to post on FB - you guys will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soo much in common!!
    Ant and I both went to ASU....
    We got engaged on campus in April 2005, married October 1, 2005...
    We got a puppy about a year after we got married..
    I graduated with a masters May 2009...(I think you meant 2010 since Reid is in the pic!)
    Ant has a masters from UNC-CH....
    Baby Lincoln in 2010!
    What adventures we've had...can't wait to see what else we have coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Andrea, thanks!

    Kendra, what can I say? You are an inspiration! I love reading about your adventures in PA and little Sadie!

    Kyla, Oop! I did mean 2010! We do have a lot in common! We need to all try to get together sometime.

    ReplyDelete